Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tracking My Flight

This past week Gene Zalewski showed me that my flight from Lebanon Municipal Airport (M54) to Humphreys County Airport (0M5) on November 26, 2011 was tracked on line at flightaware.com, a company which offers free flight tracking services for both private and commercial air traffic in the United States.

Click on  "track log & graph" for more details.

As Gene pointed out “The maps, graphs and charts show your speed, direction, altitude, and reporting facility, etc,. minute by minute”  I assumed this information was obtained from my ATC records after I requested flight following.

While my course wasn’t as smooth as I depicted on my chart, it was still spot on. I guess this proves that I tell the truth on this blog.

Actual Flight Path

My depiction of the flight
Thanks Gene!

No comments:

Post a Comment