Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Checkride Re-Scheduled

Yesterday I took a flight with CFI Mark Clark to prepare for today’s checkride. The weather was marginal but we were still able to practice stalls, slow flight and landings. The clouds were about 2,800 feet MSL, so a few times we came closer to them than would have been ideal.


This morning, when I woke up the weather had gotten worse. At Warren County Memorial Airport (RNC) in McMinnville, TN the visibility was poor and it was overcast at 200 feet. Absolutely not visual flight rules (VFR) conditions.

The checkride has been rescheduled to Saturday, January 14, 2012. I guess today will be a work day. Like the saying says: “Born to fly, forced to work.”

Regardless of my disappointment, I would rather not fly when it isn’t safe. Today is not a safe day to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment