Friday, July 1, 2011

A Trophy That Can Fit In My Pocket

As I mentioned in the post on June 30th blog post, it is customary for the flight instructor to remove shirttails of the student pilot after their first solo flight.







The instructor then draws or comments on the fabric and then it is either hung on the wall at the flight school or given to the student as a trophy. I have had it back for a few weeks now, but I just haven’t posted anything about it yet.



My instructor decided to include the date, name of the airport (KMQY) and the tail number of the aircraft (N326DC). He also drew a picture of the airplane and the two runways (1/19 & 14/32) at Smyrna Airport.

If I ever become famous, and someone builds a museum in my honor, I hope this little bit of “Keven history” gets a high profile spot on the wall to hang.

1 comment:

  1. You are famous to me, my love! I'm sure we can find a high profile spot to hang that at home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete