Sunday, October 2, 2011

1st Solo - Cessna 172

Today was a beautiful, clear, sunny days, and we took out the Cessna 172 (N434EP) to a busy John C. Tune Airport. Spend the day flying the traffic pattern.


My endorsement to solo an aircraft expired on 9/30/11 since it has been 90 days since I was first endorsed to fly solo. On the last landing, I taxied to the ramp, Von Gains (my CFI at Nashville Flight School) endorsed me to fly the C172 solo. I took another trip around the traffic pattern and had a smooth landing.

I picked Von back up and we flew back to Nashville International Airport. This time I handled all of the communications with ATC.

Another successful flight. So I spent about one and a half days without the ability to fly solo. Feels good to have it back.

Flight Time: 2.2 hours
Cost: Plane rental - $253.00, Instructor Fee - $88.00

No comments:

Post a Comment