Monday, August 22, 2011

Fly With College Students

Once again, Adam was out of town, so I had a substitute instructor for the flight. It was a perfect day to in the DA20 (N322DC). We took off towards the east and reviewed the stalls, slow flight, steep turn, and ground maneuvers. I was very pleased with my performance. Other than yesterday, it had been a while since I spent much time practicing these maneuvers. Not sure if it the instruction, or just that I have become a better pilot in the last few weeks, but I felt confident and relaxed during these drills.


Next we flew to Murfreesboro Municipal Airport (KMBT) to practice some landings in the pattern. Murfreesboro Municipal Airport is one of the busier uncontrolled airports in middle Tennessee since the local college, MTSU, has a large aviation program in which they teach out of that airport.

One item I noticed was that this CFI was more conservative on when they felt they needed to intervene on. I suppose I was safer, but I could imagine my learning curve would have been slower. Overall the flight went well and I was glad to experience a different instructor.

Flight time: 1.10 hours
Cost: Plane rental - $132.00, Instructor Fee - $44.00

No comments:

Post a Comment