Sunday, August 28, 2011

Perfect Flight?

This morning we took another flight to Bowling Green. The weather was perfect with a slight headwind on the way there.

After the pre-flight check of the Diamond DA20 (N223NH) we requested flight flowing for the trip. This allowed us to fly through the airspace for Nashville International Airport rather than going around it like I have done it the past.


In addition, I flew at 5,500 feet, which it the highest I have been so far.


I was very pleased with this flight. My landings were smooth, I stayed on course and altitude with very litter margin of deviation, entered the traffic pattern correctly and I spotted all of my check points. I’m sure there could have been improvement, but this flight was as close to perfection as I have ever come.

On the way back to Smyrna, I stayed under the IFR goggles, so I could get in another .5 hours in.


Next flight will be my first solo cross country. I’m ready!

I also got an added bonus on this trip to the airport…  Due to Hurricane Irene, the Goodyear Blimp was temporarily moved to the Smyrna Airport for safety.  I got to even see it take off.  In addition, the U.S. military transported a few Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey tilt wing aircrafts to Smyrna.  Similar Aircrafts were recently featured in the new Transformers movie.  I didn’t get to see them fly, but they are an awesome piece of aviation machinery.  I can only imagine the fear these cause as they approach one of our enemies.  Go USA!

V-22 Osprey


Flight time: 1.60 hours
Cost: Plane rental - $150.40, Instructor Fee - $80.00

No comments:

Post a Comment