Saturday, August 20, 2011

Not for Sale

Last weekend, Kate and I were going through some boxes looking for old items we can sell in a garage sale, and I came across my logbook from my very first flight in 2003.


It was a discovery flight lasting .7 hours on August 9, 2003. I flew a 1978 Cessna 172N with PilotMakers, Inc. We departed out of DuPage Airport (DPA) and returned back there. Tail number was 739FK. Unsure the name of the instructor.

We went over normal take offs and landings (1 landing), turns, climbs and descents.

A quick on-line search reveals that the aircraft now belongs to a private owner in Klamath Falls, OR. I was unable to find PilotMakers, Inc listed as an active training facility at DuPage Airport.

This was as nice little blast from the past, and will not be sold in the garage sale. I have fond memories from that day. Who knows, if I’m .7 hours short for my license, I can always use this book to push me over the top.


PS: Without any special intentions, I’m actually wearing this same shirt as I type this blog entry 8 years later… oh and I wore those shoes (and sunglasses) yesterday.  Jeans are long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment