Saturday, August 27, 2011

Making Progress

I thought this would be a good time to give an update, as it has been about a month since I last posted one. I have 28.6 flight hours, 112 take offs and landings, 1.2 hours of IFR training, 6.2 of cross country flight and 1.6 hours of solo flight all in 21 flights. I’m at about 75% of the minimum 40 hours required.




In the remaining time, I need to have an additional 8.4 hours of solo flight (5 of those hours need to be solo cross country), 1.8 hours of IFR training, and 3 hours of flying at night.

The national average to earn a private pilot’s license is 70 hours, my goal is to complete it in about 55 hours. Based upon my progress, I foresee being able to easily make that goal.

Weather permitting, I should have my wings in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment