Thursday, September 29, 2011

Update - Almost There

Now that I have the second page in my log book complete, this is a great time to provide an update on my progress. As I had suspected, I am near the required 40 hours of flight time by October. In addition to the required hours, I have to meet specific criteria, some of which I’m still short. Learning the additional aircrafts (Cessna 172 & DA40) will extend my training time some, but I should still be far below the national average of 70 hours for private pilot.



As in the past, I have disclosed the true costs of flying, so below is a summary. I still have a few expenses I’ll incur, especially since the DA40 is a more expensive. As for supplies, the only items on my list are a new headset and possibly a flight bag. Also, there may be some additional test fees when I apply for my license.


Now is the time I need to really look at preparing for the written exam. When I’m ready for my oral and practical test, I don’t want them to be delayed because I haven’t completed/passed the written exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment