Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aviation Headset

A quality headset makes all the difference when trying to understand ATC and your passengers.  Comfort, noise reduction, and durability are all factors when picking an aviation headset

During my last couple of flights, I have been using a spare set my CFI has, but I will not be able to do that forever.  This week I searched e-bay and Craigslist for a used set.  Brand new, they can range in price anywhere from $100 to $1,200.  The David Clark Company makes some good mid-priced headset.  DC is actually the brand I’m using from my CFI.

I bided on a couple pairs in e-bay and I won a set of H10-30 for $132.50.  They retail for about $270.00.  The set I bought are old, but in aviation, years of use can equate to only a handful of hours actually used. 

The typical outcome is the headset used as a student pilot becomes the passenger headset, while the pilot makes a more informed decision for his/her primary set.

No comments:

Post a Comment