Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rained Out

After months (even years) of waiting for my first flight class, it was scheduled for Monday, May 2, 2011.  When the 2nd rolled around, there were severe thunderstorms.  Not the ideal conditions for a student pilot to fly for the first time in years.  I guess I should not be surprised, as it was the one year anniversary of Nashville’s greatest flood…

By the time 4 pm rolled around (class time) the rain has stopped, but the cloud cover and possibility of more storms, still grounded me.  I’ll admit I was disappointed, but I understood.  I did get a chance to talk to my CFI and get a tour of the airport.

Next class was scheduled for Tuesday, still more rain.  My CFI already had another student scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday is Kate and I’s six-year anniversary, and no training on Friday, Saturday or Sunday due to an air show at the Smyrna Airport.  Monday, May 9th will now be my first class, hopefully.

Actually, this may be a good lesson in patience.  No matter how much I want to push through this training, there are just going to be things out of my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment